- Tell us about you, where did you grow up? I grew up in Ninety Six, South Carolina. There’s a lot of history in Ninety Six. The name was given by Charleston traders in the early 1700’s because they thought it was the estimated remaining number of miles from here to the Cherokee village of Keowee in the upper South Carolina foothills.
- What brought you to Colorado? A change in my personal life and a hunger for more. It took a lot to leave my comfort zone of home and my family. I narrowed it down to Florida or Colorado. The final decision was made during hurricane season, thus the move to the mountains. My first stop was Pueblo then Colorado Springs before settling in Fountain.
- What do you do at Archway? I am a Maintenance Technician Manager at our Fountain Ridge property and I serve the needs of our residents. I address any issues our residents have so they can feel comfortable in their homes.
- What made you want to work for Archway? I’ve always known I’ve wanted to serve people. I started out working for a Real Estate temp agency in Colorado Springs and after my first day on the job at Fountain, I knew it could be the place that I landed. The property and the people at Fountain just felt right. After my first day on the job, property management noticed my work ethic and I went from a temp hire to a full-time employee.
- I hear from talking to Archway residents that you like to cook and that you’re very good at it. Tell me more! I love to cook. After my grandmother passed away, her spirit resonated with me. I have fond childhood memories of the smells coming from her kitchen and the peace that I found there. Sundays in the South were spent with family. It was the one day of the week that I could count on to be with my family, to relax, visit and enjoy a good meal. Food for me is a healthy way to someone’s soul. I wanted to bring a little bit of that Sunday tradition to the elderly residents at Fountain, so I prepare food for them. I find comfort in serving others.
- What’s something that people may not know about you? I’m not as tough as I act. I’m a kind-hearted person and somebody you can ask for help.
- What are your favorite activities? These have changed a bit since moving to Colorado. I’m really enjoying the natural beauty of Colorado and spending time outdoors hiking and trail riding.
- What’s your dream vacation? An experience rich in culinary delight. Has to be a place with good cuisine…Italy, France, Hawaii.
- Personal Life Philosophy? Be optimistic.
- What do you see when you look into the future? I’d like to own a food truck one day and serve Country Soul Food!
Mr Kevin Lewis,
How special you are!! Yvette and the Fountian residents are so blessed to have you there. What a pleasure it was for me to read your story. If you are every in the Denver area, please bring some good food – I can’t cook. Take Care!!